Saturday 29 November 2014

Book Review #1: Switched by Amanda Hocking


Yo! Mel here!
So this is my first book review here, so please don't be too harsh with me!
(want more photos like this? Follow me on instagram!)

Goodreads Sypnosis:

What if your entire world was built on a lie?

Wendy Everly knew she was different the day her mother tried to kill her and accused her of having been switched at birth. Although certain she’s not the monster her mother claims she is – she does feel that she doesn’t quite fit in...

She’s bored and frustrated by her small town life – and then there’s the secret that she can’t tell anyone. Her mysterious ability – she can influence people’s decisions, without knowing how, or why...

When the intense and darkly handsome newcomer Finn suddenly turns up at her bedroom window one night – her world is turned upside down. He holds the key to her past, the answers to her strange powers and is the doorway to a place she never imagined could exist. Förening, the home of the Trylle.

Finally everything makes sense. Among the Trylle, Wendy is not just different, but special. But what marks her out as chosen for greatness in this world also places her in grave danger. With everything around her changing, Finn is the only person she can trust. But dark forces are conspiring – not only to separate them, but to see the downfall everything that Wendy cares about.

The fate of Förening rests in Wendy’s hands, and the decisions she and Finn make could change all their lives forever...
 


My Review:

Rating: 4/5 stars
Wow. That was actually pretty good!

Now don't judge me. I've bought this book about two years ago because of that amazing cover, but never actually was interested to read it. Well, I was so wrong!

First I had mixed feelings before starting this one because I did not really know what I was waiting for, which was kind of weird. But as the story progresses it drags you in until you want to know more. This was really a very original novel due to the fact that it deals with trolls, which is, at first when you think of it, really weird. But the way the author weaves the story makes you actually forget that they are supposed to be ugly goat-eating creatures. It really was a breath of fresh air.

As for Wendy, the main protagonist, I have mixed feelings about her. In the beginning, she looks like a strong, independent girl who's afraid of nothing. But as the story progresses, you see that, she's not really like that. She looks lost, freaked out, and wants to cry a lot of times. Even if I sympathises with her at multiple times, sometimes I was really mad. Get a grip, girl! Why do you make yourself look so helpless?

And with that ending, I don't really know where the story will head. But a thing for sure, Hocking has got a new fan! Can't wait to read Torn!

Hope you liked my review! Have you read it? Do tell me what you thought if it! (and my review too:D )

Love you all,
xoxoxo
Mel

1 comment:

  1. Your first review...yayy... I'll be posting mine..maybe on Monday... xo

    ReplyDelete